The Republic of Ireland is a sovereign state in north-western Europe, occupying about five-sixths of the island of Ireland. The capital is Dublin; the official languages are Irish and English, and the currency is the Euro (EUR). Ireland ranks in the top 25 wealthiest countries in the world in terms of GDP per capita, and the tenth most prosperous country in the world. It is a member of: the European Union (EU); the Council of Europe (COE); the United Nations (UN), and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), among others.
Key Benefits & Features of Company Formation:
- Only requires a minimum share capital of €1.
- Low corporation tax at 12.5% (among the lowest in the EU).
- Large network of double taxation treaties (DTTs) with over 60 countries - and counting.
- Supportive environment for foreign investment.
- Low level of bureaucracy.
- Six options for company types: Private Limited Company; Guaranteed Company Without Share Capital; Guaranteed Company With Share Capital; Public Limited Companies; Single Member Companies, and Unlimited Companies.
- Ready-made Irish companies are also available as a quick and easy option.
- Registered companies are able to conduct business in the same way local residents do.
- A registered office address in Ireland is required.
- Opening a corporate bank account is a fairly simple process, but may require a face-to-face meeting.
- The requirement for obtaining a VAT number is: to have human and technical resources, or, to have trading activity in Ireland.
- Requirement for Directors is a minimum of two, one of whom is required to be a resident of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA).
- Requirement for Secretary is one.
- An annual return to the company registration office is required.