The Republic of the Marshall Islands is an island country located near the equator in the Pacific Ocean, slightly west of the International Date Line, and is part of the larger island group of Micronesia. The capital is Majuro; the official languages are Marshallese and English, and the currency is the United States Dollar (USD).
Key Benefits & Features of Company Formation:
- No minimum capital requirements.
- International Business Company (IBC) is tax-free.
- Quick incorporation time of typically three days.
- Few restrictions on the nature of business that a company can conduct.
- Personal presence not required.
- Director and Shareholder meetings can be held anywhere in the world.
- Offers a legitimate and tax-free option for booking international profits.
- Requirement for Shareholder and Director is a minimum of one each, and can be of any nationality; resident or non-resident.
- Shareholder and Director details are not made public.
- No requirement for audited accounts or annual returns.
- The Marshall Islands is a politically stable jurisdiction.
- IBCs cannot trade within the Marshall Islands
- Company names require one of the following added to the name, depending on company type: Limited; Corporation; Incorporated; Public Limited Company; Societe Anonyme; Sociedad Anonima; Ltd; Corp.; Inc.; PLC, and S.A.
- Banking, Trust, Insurance and Online Gaming activities not permitted, and as such, it is not permitted to use the following words in a company name: Trust Company; Trustee Company; Building Society; Bank, Assurance, or Royal.