Australia is a country that neighbours Papua New Guinea, Indonesia and East Timor to the north; the Solomon Islands and Vanuatu to the north-east; and New Zealand to the south-east. The capital is Canberra; the official language is English and the currency is the Australian Dollar (AUD). Australia has the world's 13th-largest economy and ninth-highest per capita income (IMF). The country is a member of: the Commonwealth of Nations; the United Nations (UN); the World Trade Organization (WTO); the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD); the G20; The Australia, New Zealand, United States Security Treaty (ANZUS); the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), and the Pacific Islands Forum, among others.
Key Benefits & Features of Company Formation:
- No minimum capital requirements to register a company.
- Simplified and cost-effective registration process.
- Incentive package for foreign entrepreneurs, including tax benefits.
- Tax exemptions: on a gain on sale of foreign shares, and on dividends received by the Australian holding company.
- No withholding tax on dividends paid to a foreign parent company.
- Large network of international tax treaties.
- Large network of international banks present in country.
- Foreign ownership permitted.
- Only one Director is required.
- Friendly business environment.
- A registered office address in Australia is required.
- Director is required to be a resident of Australia.
- Permanent residency available for investments of AUD 5,000,000 that comply with certain regulations and criteria.
- All nationalities are eligible for permanent residency by investment.