Belize is a British Commonwealth realm that is located on the eastern coast of Central America. It is bordered on the north by Mexico; on the south and west by Guatemala; and on the east by the Caribbean Sea. The capital is Belmopan; the official language is English, and the currency is the Belize Dollar (BZD). The country is a member of: the Caribbean Community (CARICOM); the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC), and the Central American Integration System (SICA), among others.
Key Benefits & Features of Company Formation:
- Offshore companies are exempted from all taxes and stamp duties.
- There are no restrictions for investment activities and legitimate businesses.
- Only one Director or Shareholder is required – corporate body or natural person – from any country, whilst Directors or Shareholders for company incorporation can be the same person.
- The names and identity of any Directors or Shareholders are not disclosed on any company incorporation documents, nor do they appear in any public record.
- A Secretary is not required.
- Banks, insurance companies and trust businesses are required to obtain a special license for operation.
- Shares can be issued in any recognisable currency with the standard share capital standing at USD 50,000. Share capital in other recognisable currencies must be the equivalent to USD 50,000.